Chinese simplified and traditional dialects

More
5 years 11 months ago #3050 by enghoff
Neither I2 nor Unity nor Google regional language codes do to my knowledge pick up on the Chinese dialect setting (simplified vs traditional) on Android, which is an issue on some devices that provide dialect options separately from regional settings. Does anyone know of any possible means of extracting the chosen dialect setting on Android?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #3051 by Frank
Hi,
I2 Localization is able to detect the region you setup in your device.
It has code in Assets\I2\Localization\Scripts\Manager\LocalizationManager_SystemLanguage.cs function DetectDeviceLanguage() to get the language name and region using the Android SDK.

If that fails, the plugin uses the Unity systemLanguage which also differentiates between Simplified and Traditional Chinese.

Is that not working for you? Can you please elaborate a bit more in the problem you are seeing? Is it that you are getting a different Region instead of the Simplified variant?

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
5 years 10 months ago #3053 by enghoff
You are completely right, LocalizationManager_SystemLanguage.cs uses the Application.systemLanguage property which does distinguish between Simplified and Traditional Chinese dialects on Android.

I don't believe Application.systemLanguage identifies the device region, but that may be irrelevant for Chinese language settings.

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine