Term rename copies fallback language: not wanted

More
5 years 11 months ago #2918 by studenman
Easiest to explain by showing a screenshot of the I2Languages.prefab diff after I renamed a term. You can see the renamed term added/moved to the end of the terms list below. I have two languages, en-US and en-GB. Notice all other terms get their en-GB language replaced with a copy of en-US.

In our LanguageSource, normally only about a dozen terms have en-GB localizations and the rest are purposely blank and fallback to en-US. I don't want them copied because I want to track which localizations are modified and which are the same (blank ones).

Follow Tiny Bubbles Development:
Twitter | Facebook | Web
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #2926 by studenman
Any thoughts on this one @Frank? Thanks much!

Twitter | Facebook | Web

More
5 years 11 months ago #2927 by Frank
Hi,
I tried a different ways of renaming the terms, but no matter what I do, I don't get the fallback issue.
Can you please let me know what steps I could use to reproduce the problem.

I tried:
- Created a language source with en-US and en-GB
- Added a term and filled the en-US translation
- Selected the term in the Language Source, and clicked the "Rename" button that its right after the translations
- Verified that the new term has en-GB empty

Can you also let me know what version of I2 Localization are you using?
I was trying 2.8.6a1

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
5 years 11 months ago #2928 by studenman
I was using v2.8.5f1, version 2.8.6a1 was just released today.

That's weird, I'm no longer able to reproduce the issue either. I wonder if something else happened prior to this that could have filled-in the empty en-GB strings with en-US text? I will try to use the rename interface more and I will follow-up if I get it to happen again.

Twitter | Facebook | Web

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #2935 by studenman
I just had a similar problem and I was also not able to reproduce it. This time it swapped the en-US and en-GB text, leaving the en-US blank. I'm not sure when it happened, but I noticed it after adding two new terms and then uploading to the Google sheet (with Replace). Then I saw that the text was in the wrong language column.

If I didn't frequently check into my Subversion repository, this kind of database corruption would be quite irritating.

Using version 2.8.5f1. You can maybe test it with that I2 Language.prefab that I emailed you a couple weeks ago. It has en-US and en-GB, with most of the en-GB translation blank.

Twitter | Facebook | Web
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by studenman.

More
5 years 11 months ago #2936 by studenman
One more similar issue - sometimes when using Google Sheets > Import > Merge, I end up with both en-US and en-GB filled in. In other words, it copies the en-US text to the blank en-GB text instead of leaving en-GB blank. If I use Import > Replace, then the en-GB is correctly left blank as it was in the spreadsheet.

Twitter | Facebook | Web

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine