Invalid Response from Google

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #2900 by enghoff
We are using I2 Localization for localising several projects, and the issue described below has arisen within the past 24hrs across all projects.

We receive the error message "Invalid Response from Google, Most likely the WebService needs to be updated" in response to Google sync requests.

The issue persists regardless of whether Google's service is accessed through I2GoogleWebServiceV5 or I2GoogleWebServiceV4.

As indicated in the attached screenshot, we are able to verify the web service and select a I2 Google sheet from the dropdown menu, but any sync operation fails.

This is a critical error and any assistance in resolving this swiftly would be greatly appreciated.

With thanks,
Sigurd
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #2901 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Invalid Response from Google
Hi,
Are you games live? I mean is the WebService also used by games you have released?

There is a limit to the free google tier, that constrain the WebService to only run for at a max of 90min per day. Normally it takes milliseconds every time the plugin contacts google from a player's device, so you can have lots and lots of players using I2 Localization every day.

That constrain is why I suggest making the Update Frequency (for Google Live Synchronization) be Daily or Weekly, and not Always. That way players sync are spread over several days instead of requesting every time they open the game.

Now, if you have several projects using I2L, and all of them have the update frequency set to Always, then, all those requests can add up, and you could be reaching the time limit per day. Also, during development, the Export / Import takes quite more time than the calls the game do.

If that's your case, my advice is to:
- Set your games to Update Frequency Daily or Weekly.
- Install a separate WebService for each project (that way the 90min/day is for each project independently)

If that's not the case, Please let me know and I will point you to what line of code to uncomment in order to get the actual error message returned by Google.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Frank.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #2902 by enghoff
The games we are introducing I2 Localization to are presently in development (they are live without localization), regardless Auto Update Frequency is set to weekly in all projects.

I am getting different errors depending on whether I am attempting an Goggle import or export.

On import the Unity error message is "Invalid Response from Google, Most likely the WebService needs to be updated" while the response from the web request is 'TypeError: Cannot find function substr in object 1. (line 345, file "ImportCSV", project "I2GoogleWebServiceV5")'

On export the OnExported_Google callback logs "necessary data rewind wasn't possible" followed by "Unable to access google"
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by enghoff.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #2904 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Invalid Response from Google
Hi,
I added a fix for this.
You will need to delete the WebService in your Google Drive, and install it again.
I2 Localization will make a new copy with the updated code.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Edit: Also the "necessary data rewind wasn't possible" is not actually an error, just a bug where some Unity versions can handle POST redirects. But the Export function only redirects after it finishes, so the data was actually exported, its just that Google requires doing a redirect and your Unity version doesn't handle that correctly.
In the latest (2.8.5) that error message is ignored.

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Frank.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #2906 by enghoff
Thanks for your super swift response; the updated web service script does indeed seem to resolve the issue - thanks :)

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #2909 by enghoff
Your comment that about the Export functionality working despite the "necessary data rewind wasn't possible" error, regrettably doesn't hold; the I2 data is not exported to the associated Google Sheet, so the export functionality (which has previously been working for our projects) is still broken.

Imports do work with the V5 update you provided earlier.

Any assistance in resolving the export functionality, will be greatly appreciated :)

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine