ArgumentException when copying CharSet text

More
6 years 4 weeks ago - 6 years 4 weeks ago #2867 by studenman
I used Google to do a test translation to German and then used the CharSet tool to show the 100 characters that it found.

When I hit "Copy To Clipboard" I get the follow exception, and nothing is copied (screenshot attached):
ArgumentException: invalid utf-16 sequence at -272642832 (missing surrogate tail)
Parameter name: string
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnGUI_Tools_CharSet () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Tools_CharSet.cs:109)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnGUI_Tools (Boolean reset) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Tools.cs:42)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnGUI_Main () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor.cs:80)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Inspectors/LanguageSourceInspector.cs:163)

However, if I cursor around in the text, I noticed that there are about 10 invisible characters at the end of this text. If I manually copy the visible characters with Cmd+C, then I don't get an exception.

Follow Tiny Bubbles Development:
Twitter | Facebook | Web
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 4 weeks ago by studenman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 weeks ago #2870 by Frank
I have been trying to reproduce this issue but I haven't been able to make it happen.
Do you mind emailing me your I2Languages.prefab or a csv that include the german texts you are using. I will add a fix as soon as I be able of reproducing the crash.

Thanks!!
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
6 years 4 weeks ago - 6 years 4 weeks ago #2873 by studenman
OK, I don't know your email, so I sent it to admin @ i-i . com

The prefab has en-US, de-DE, and ja in there. Same thing happens with CharSet and japanese. There are invisible characters in the resulting text and they cause an exception on copy.

Twitter | Facebook | Web
Last edit: 6 years 4 weeks ago by studenman.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #2882 by Frank
This is now fixed in 2.8.5a2.
The problem was that some character combinations where making unity believe that the resulting string had UTF-16 encoding, (and unity doesn't support that encoding correctly).
Now all its forced to be UTF-8.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: studenman

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #2883 by studenman
Excellent, glad you were able to reproduce it!

Twitter | Facebook | Web

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine