Custom Editor Window

More
6 years 1 month ago #2828 by fiveamp
Custom Editor Window was created by fiveamp
What does everyone use for their workflow as having an open window in the Editor with the I2 Language Source prefab?
Opening the source prefab every time you want to modify it becomes a pain, it would be so much better to have a specific Editor Window that always had it ready to edit.

As a workaround right now sometimes, I will add an additional inspector, open the prefab, and lock that extra inspector window. This however is not ideal because it will not retain across Editor sessions and it creates issues with multiple inspector windows (like editing collider bounds - Unity get's confused with two inspector windows).

What is everyone else's workflow?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #2829 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Custom Editor Window
You wont normally need to keep the prefab inspector open.
Once you setup your Languages, most of the other work is done in the Localize component. There you can create terms, fill the translations, do auto-translations, etc.

Why do you need to keep the prefab inspector open all the time? Maybe I'm missing something

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
5 years 7 months ago #3241 by fiveamp
Replied by fiveamp on topic Custom Editor Window
Reviving this thread incase there is an better workflow you can share with our team.

We use the GoogleSheets method of retaining the Language Source - and as we have multiple people working on the game at the same time during the day, we prefer to make our edits in the GoogleSheet (leaving it as the source of truth) and importing into Unity to reflect the changes.

When adding terms we can add them either in the GoogleSheet online and then import - or - we can add them in Unity and then use one of the export methods to keep sync'd. Given that both of those methods require us to open the Lang Source Prefab in order to either Export or Import - we have to open this prefab often.

I would love to be able to 'Import Replace' from the top menu-bar. Eg: Tools/I2 Localization/Import Replace - that would save me from having to open the prefab, but adding this connection didn't seem trivial. Any ideas?

More
5 years 6 months ago #3242 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Custom Editor Window
I like the idea of the menu option to do the Import/export of global sources.
Will try adding that for the next release.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: fiveamp

More
5 years 6 months ago #3243 by fiveamp
Cool! Looking forward to the next release

More
4 years 10 months ago #3804 by fiveamp
Friendly bump :)

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine