Problem with Arabic (RTL) Language - Unity 5.6.3

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #2785 by menevse
Hello,

I have a problem with the plugin. Arabic Language texts with multiplines do not have behave as it supposed to be.

As you can see the sentece starts with dot. I have read the instructions in the link below but it did not work.

Instructions about RTL Languages

I am using the latest version of i2 Localization (v2.8.3) and Unity 5.6.3. I am also using a dynamic arabic font (I have tried A_Nefel_Botan.ttf, and Amiri-Bold.ttf)
In addition to that text alignments change when I moved to another scene. I would appreciate a little help.

Thanks.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by menevse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #2787 by Frank
Hi,
Can you send me the exact text you are using?
I want to try it for myself to really see what's happening.

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #2788 by menevse
Original Text:
مزيج رائع من اللحم المفروم والبهارات يتم شيه على الفحم حتى يكون طعمه مثاليا.

Instead of dynamically querying the renderer about the text size, which most of the time its only known right before rendering, the Localize inspector now has two more options, one if them specifies the maximum number of characters that can fit in the label. I2L splits the text into lines with that length and applies RTL fix for each individual line to correct the characters.

As said it the instructions, setting maximum number of characters that fit in the label solved my problem.

Now the text looks like this:

However there is still alignment problem. Setting "Adjust Alignment" check makes it even worse, it even causes english to align right side of label so I have stopped doing that.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by menevse.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine