Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Problem with Arabic (RTL) Language - Unity 5.6.3

Problem with Arabic (RTL) Language - Unity 5.6.3 9 months 2 weeks ago #2785

  • menevse
  • menevse's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: 0
Hello,

I have a problem with the plugin. Arabic Language texts with multiplines do not have behave as it supposed to be.




As you can see the sentece starts with dot. I have read the instructions in the link below but it did not work.

Instructions about RTL Languages

I am using the latest version of i2 Localization (v2.8.3) and Unity 5.6.3. I am also using a dynamic arabic font (I have tried A_Nefel_Botan.ttf, and Amiri-Bold.ttf)
In addition to that text alignments change when I moved to another scene. I would appreciate a little help.

Thanks.
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by menevse.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Problem with Arabic (RTL) Language - Unity 5.6.3 9 months 2 weeks ago #2787

  • Frank
  • Frank's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 1149
  • Thank you received: 248
  • Karma: 75
Hi,
Can you send me the exact text you are using?
I want to try it for myself to really see what's happening.
Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Problem with Arabic (RTL) Language - Unity 5.6.3 9 months 2 weeks ago #2788

  • menevse
  • menevse's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: 0
Original Text:
مزيج رائع من اللحم المفروم والبهارات يتم شيه على الفحم حتى يكون طعمه مثاليا.
Instead of dynamically querying the renderer about the text size, which most of the time its only known right before rendering, the Localize inspector now has two more options, one if them specifies the maximum number of characters that can fit in the label. I2L splits the text into lines with that length and applies RTL fix for each individual line to correct the characters.
As said it the instructions, setting maximum number of characters that fit in the label solved my problem.

Now the text looks like this:




However there is still alignment problem. Setting "Adjust Alignment" check makes it even worse, it even causes english to align right side of label so I have stopped doing that.
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by menevse.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine