How to optimize for mobile

More
6 years 2 months ago #2772 by ertsnom99
Hello

I was wandering if there are ways to optimize the usage of I2 on mobile? For example, maybe have 5 different languages but only use the one I need (I don't know hoe to do that).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #2773 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic How to optimize for mobile
Hi,
One of the two bigger features I want to push for the next release, is the memory optimization.
The current version already have the structure to support this feature, so, I just need to finish the auto-loading.

This optimization is going to be completely transparent for the developer, so, as soon as you update to the next release, it will be optimized.

How it works, is that when you edit and develop in the Editor, all the localization data is stored in a the I2Languages.prefab or other LanguageSources you set.
Then, when you do a build, there is a post processing that runs, and extract each language into a separated file.
That way, at runtime, the plugin only loads the language it uses, and keeps the memory low at all time. Also, there is compression setting, that keeps the loaded localization in a compressed stream.

I'm hopping to have that ready for the next release 2.8.3 or at most 2.8.4.

If you are planning on release your game before the on-demand-loading is completed, you can still lower the memory usage, by creating one LanguageSource for each of your languages, and then only load the source you need at runtime.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
6 years 2 months ago #2776 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic How to optimize for mobile
Hi,
I just uploaded v2.8.3a7 to the beta folder.
That includes the first phase of the memory optimization. Now at runtime, the languages are been loaded/unloaded, to keep in memory only the current material or any fallback needed.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine