Can't seem to add a new term in the LanguageSource

More
6 years 2 months ago #2763 by neonaleon
Just bought I2, trying to create a new term but just can't figure out how to do it.
The documentation says to click the + and type the Term name and click Create. There is no Create button, as in the screenshot.

I could only get terms to appear at the source if I add an I2 Localize component to my targets.

Something extra:
Deleting items from the Terms table throws this exception
InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
System.Collections.Stack.Pop () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections/Stack.cs:329)
UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.EndLayoutGroup () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayoutUtility.cs:323)
UnityEngine.GUILayout.EndVertical () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayout.cs:342)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnGUI_KeyList_ShowKeyDetails () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Terms_Description.cs:57)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnGUI_KeysList (Boolean AllowExpandKey, Single Height, Boolean ShowTools) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Terms.cs:130)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnGUI_Main () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor.cs:73)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Inspectors/LanguageSourceInspector.cs:163)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1245)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
Happens on 2017.3.0f3, not on 5.6.2p4
Any ideas why this could be happening?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #2764 by Frank
Hi,
I'm trying to reproduce that issue, but seems to be working fine in all my tests.

Can you give me a bit more details about what you do to make it happen?

Are you using the I2Languages.prefab or a LanguageSource added to a Scene?
Did you created some languages before adding the term?
When you click the + button, does the console show any error?
If there are any error at any time, can you please send it to me, that may give me a clue.
What platform are you targeting? Android? PC? IOS? WebGL?
If you delete the I2 folder and reinstall the plugin, does the error still shows up?
Did you move the I2 folder to plugins or other location?

I'm going to keep trying to reproduce that error, but if you can tell me some steps to reproduce it, it will help a lot!
Thanks
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
6 years 2 months ago #2765 by neonaleon
Hello!

Because the error only happened in 2017.3.0f3 and not 5.6.2.p4, I had suspected that it was a Unity bug.
I downloaded Unity 2017.3.0p4 and the error that appears when deleting a Term no longer appears!

Also, after fiddling with it more, I found that there was a horizontal scroller that I missed.
After scrolling it, I can see the Create Key button.
Now I am sure there is no problem with I2, but such GUI doesn't seem like it was intended?
I've added some screenshots.
Attachments:

More
6 years 2 months ago #2766 by Frank
That's a bug for sure, the GUI shouldn't be that wide. I will check why its happening for you and add a fix.
Thanks for reporting this!
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine