Adding a new language code?

More
6 years 2 months ago #2756 by OrangyTang
Hello!

Is it possible for me to add a new language code to the list of known languages? Cornish ('cor' and other related codes en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornish_language ) doesn't seem to be in the known list of codes.

I know I can add a language myself (which I already have) but not having a code is causing problems with custom functionality that filters depending on the actual code of a language.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #2759 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Adding a new language code?
Hi,
I double checked the ISO list and found quite a few languages (that I'm pretty sure wasn't there when I to the languages from that list a couple years ago haha).
Anyway, I went and added all the missing languages:

Abkhazian, Afar, Akan, Amharic, Aragonese, Assamese, Avaric, Avestan, Aymara, Bambara, Bashkir, Bengali, Bihari,
Bislama, Breton, Burmese, Chamorro, Chechen, Chichewa, Chuvash, Cornish, Corsican, Cree, Divehi, Dzongkha, Ewe,
Fijian, Fulah, Guaraní, Haitian, Hausa, Herero, Hiri Motu, Interlingua, Interlingue, Igbo, Inupiaq, Ido, Inuktitut,
Javanese, Kalaallisut, Kanuri, Kashmiri, Central Khmer, Kikuyu, Kinyarwanda, Kirghiz, Komi, Kongo, Kuanyama,
Luxembourgish, Ganda, Limburgan, Lingala, Lao, Luba-Katanga, Manx, Malagasy, Marshallese, Nauru, Navajo, North Ndebele,
Nepali, Ndonga, Sichuan Yi, South Ndebele, Occitan, Ojibwa, Church Slavic, Oromo, Oriya, Ossetian, Panjabi, Pali, Rundi,
Sanskrit, Sardinian, Sindhi, Northern Sami, Samoan, Sango, Scottish Gaelic, Shona, Sinhala, Somali, Southern Sotho,
Sundanese, Swati, Tajik, Tigrinya, Tibetan, Turkmen, Tagalog, Tswana, Tonga, Tsonga, Twi, Tahitian, Uighur, Venda,
Volapük, Walloon, Wolof, Frisian, Yoruba, Zhuang

I will be uploading a beta later today.

You can also add support for the Cornish language by adding the following line in the array at
Assets\I2\Localization\Scripts\Google\GoogleLanguages.cs line 239
{"Cornish",             new LanguageCodeDef(){PluralRule=1, Code="kw", GoogleCode="-"}},

Also, I'm trying to find the places where not having a code causes a problem. Can you let me know what are the situations that failed for you?

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
6 years 2 months ago #2762 by OrangyTang
Hello! Thanks for adding the extra language codes, that'll make things easier. :)

As for why - there's no where in i2loc that a missing code causes an issue (that I've found), but rather I have extra code that does pay attention to the code.

Basically in our game we have 'real' languages (english/french/etc.) and 'meta' languages. Meta languages are for adding custom data (like animations) that share the same text ids and tooling. But for things like the languages select option, I need to be able to tell between 'real' and 'meta' languages, and whether or not it has a code is a nice way of handling this.

Thanks for the quick fix!

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine