Asset bundle / scene bundle separate localization

More
6 years 2 months ago #2737 by edgarsantos
Hello.

We have an app that loads a main scene and based on some information over the network can load other different scenes (mini-apps) using scene bundles.
Using i2L we have 1 file with all the other scenes terms but that defeats the purpose of our app having different mini-apps being loaded at run-time with its own content.

Is it possible to use separate files for each scene bundle and loading according to the one that is loaded?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #2738 by Frank
Yes, You can use scene LanguageSources. Similar to the way the Example scenes are treated (each of them have a LanguageSource gameobject with only the terms used in those scenes).

How it works is that in I2 Localization there are two types of Language Sources (global and local).

Global language sources are meant to be accessed in ALL scenes even without instantiating them. By default the only global one is the I2Languages.prefab, but you are free to add more prefab names into the array in LocalizationManager.cs

Local language are GameObjects in your scenes that have a LanguageSource component. The terms defined there, are usable while the scene is loaded.

The example scenes use Local LanguageSources so that the terms used as example don't affect your game terms.
In your case you can use a similar approach. Just create a GameObject in your scenes, add the component and define the terms there. Then distribute the scene using AssetBundles.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
6 years 2 months ago #2746 by edgarsantos
I managed to make it work as you said.

Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine