Horrible bug where UI elements jump around

More
6 years 3 months ago #2713 by johnnemann
Hi,

I'm using an older version of I2Loc, but I don't want to upgrade unless it's necessary as I'm very close to shipping.

I'm experiencing a really awful problem where, when switching languages, UI elements (text boxes, but also images and buttons) lose their position information and end up in random places or the center of their parent object. This ALSO happens when in the editor and selecting a text box with a Localize component on it, which as you can imagine is awful as it corrupts the entire UI.

Is this a known problem that has been fixed? Has anyone else seen this before?

Is there any way to stop I2Loc trying to "helpfully" translate a text box when I'm selecting it in the editor? I would really just rather it not change ANYTHING right now.

Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #2714 by Frank
Hi,
I haven't seen that behavior, so I'm guessing is one thing that's fixed in the current versions.
I will try to reproduce this, and will keep an eye in case in any case.

I understand you don't want to upgrade at the end of the project, (although I recommend you do a branch and try upgrading, there has been tons of fixes/stabilization you may like)

In any case, you can disable localizing in Edit mode by adding the following condition at the beginning of the OnLocalize function in file assets\i2\localization\scripts\localize.cs
		public void OnLocalize( bool Force = false )
		{
			#if UNITY_EDITOR
			if (!UnityEditor.EditorApplication.isPlayingOrWillChangePlaymode)
				return;
			#endif

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
6 years 3 months ago #2715 by johnnemann
Thanks! I'd like to try branching, but it just takes so much time when I'm knee-deep in bugs already... But maybe I will.

More
6 years 2 months ago #2750 by johnnemann
Hey,

I'd just like to point out this isn't fixed in the latest version. It is still occurring. I'm not sure exactly on reproduction steps, but what happens is that individual UI elements (Text Mesh Pro text, and images attached to it) reset their positions while I'm doing something related to localization work. I'm going through right now fixing bugs and my entire UI has rearranged itself.

I'm sorry I can't provide more information on this, I have no time right now to chase a repro case.

More
6 years 2 months ago #2751 by johnnemann
By "something related to localization work", by the way, I mean:
- manipulating localized components and checking their text across languages
- entering play mode and changing the language in-game
- adding I2 Localize components to objects

Something in there is causing this to happen.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine