How do I turn off Plugin Manager

More
7 years 3 months ago #1942 by gollumullog
Everytime I put focus on Unity this stupid Plugin Manager keeps appearing.

How do I turn it off?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #1943 by gollumullog
We have 6 developers in the office getting really annoyed by this popup that keeps popping up and won't go away.

More
7 years 3 months ago #1944 by Frank
Hi,

The about window is there to let you know when there is a new version of either of the I2 plugins you have installed.

You can disable the notification by clicking the "I'll check later" button, and by unselecting the options:
"Notify me of new versions" and/or "Notify me of new betas"

Please, be aware, that this setting is stored per project/unity in your local computer, so if you have several projects, using I2 Localization, you will have to do this for each of them.

Another way to disable the notification is by deleting the file Assets\I2\Common\Editor\I2AboutWindow.cs
That will remove the code that checks for updates and shows the window.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 1 month ago #2054 by settinger_sm

Frank wrote: Another way to disable the notification is by deleting the file Assets\I2\Common\Editor\I2AboutWindow.cs
That will remove the code that checks for updates and shows the window.

Heads up, this method will not work. It creates two compiler errors:
Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Tools_NGUI_to_I2.cs(54,4): error CS0103: The name `I2AboutWindow' does not exist in the current context
Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/UpgradeManager.cs(14,7): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `I2AboutWindow' does not exist in the namespace `I2'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

...and this prevents Unity from starting any builds.

More
7 years 1 month ago #2055 by Frank
The best way to disable the manager:
Update to the latest version (2.6.10b3) from the AssetStore, The popup will never show again, unless you manually select it from the menu to see if there is an update.
Now, instead of showing the popup whenever there is a new version, it will show it as an Info icon at the bottom of the inspector, small enough to not be disturbing, but there so that you know there is a new version with improvements and new features! And as always, if you open the AboutWindow and deselect the notify when a new versions is ready, it wont even show the icon.

If you can't update:
Open the I2AboutWindow.cs file and comment the content of the function I2AboutWindow.DoShowScreen()

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: settinger_sm

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine