Using numbers in brackets [0] breaks RTL (Arabic)

More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #2106 by Multiplayer
Edit:
Apparently the problem only comes up when I use numbers inside of brackets. "0" is ok, "[]" is also ok, but [0] triggers the error. I can comment out the offending lines 308 and 309, but that produces "¬" signs instead of the color changes that I need the brackets for. Also, it does not correctly reverse the Arabic strings.

Edit 2:
Because I can imagine someone would ask that: Checking "Ignore numbers" does not help.

Hi

I am trying to translate into Arabic. Some of my strings include brackets with rgb codes that change the color of the following text. When I try to request these in Arabic, everything breaks down with the following error:
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Cannot be negative.
Parameter name: startIndex

System.String.Remove (Int32 startIndex, Int32 count) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/String.cs:1743)
I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.ApplyRTLfix (System.String line, Int32 maxCharacters, Boolean ignoreNumbers) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/LocalizationManager.cs:309)
I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.TryGetTermTranslation (System.String Term, System.String& Translation, Boolean FixForRTL, Int32 maxLineLengthForRTL, Boolean ignoreRTLnumbers, Boolean applyParameters, UnityEngine.GameObject localParametersRoot) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/LocalizationManager.cs:250)
I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.GetTermTranslation (System.String Term, Boolean FixForRTL, Int32 maxLineLengthForRTL, Boolean ignoreRTLnumbers, Boolean applyParameters, UnityEngine.GameObject localParametersRoot) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/LocalizationManager.cs:227)
I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.GetTermTranslation (System.String Term) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/LocalizationManager.cs:220)

the origin is me calling
LocalizationManager.GetTermTranslation(term)
The offending string example is
Loading[FFB8F7].[39F7FF].[FFF56C].

Is this a bug, or am I doing it wrong?
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Multiplayer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #2108 by Frank
Hi,
Thanks a lot for reporting this issue.
I was able to reproduce and made a fix for that. It is now working on all the tests I did, but will be great if you could try yours and let me know if there is any other case misbehaving.

I uploaded the new version to the beta folder (v2.6.11 a2)

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #2110 by Multiplayer
Thank you, I sent you an email for the beta access.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #2111 by Frank
I sent you an invite!

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine