Textmesh Pro not recognized...

More
7 years 5 months ago #1873 by _kiu_
Hi, I'm trying your plugin for the first time. So far it seems super nice. I only have issues with TextmeshPro. When I try to localize TMP_Text there is no Target selectable in the localize component (Target:None). Using Unity 5.4.2p2, TMPro 1.0.54.52. Force Detection of Plugins won't work, neither will manual settings edit, am I missing something?

I posted this on the unity Forum as well, don't know which one is maintained more frequently.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #1874 by Frank
Hi,
Are you using a TMP_Text directly? As far as I know thats just the base type, and you should be using TextMeshPro or TextMeshProUGUI, which both inherit from TMP_Text. That component (TMP_Text) doesn't even implement a custom inspector as the others.

The plugin is able to detect TextMeshPro and TextMeshProUGUI, but will not TMP_Text.
Are you really using that component, or is just a typo? If so, can you please let me know how you are using it so that I could test that and add support for TMP_Text as well.

If instead of TMP_Text, you are using TextMeshPro and TextMeshProUGUI; please, very that the Scripting Define Symbols contains "TextMeshPro" (without the quotes).

Also, check the console, to see if there was any compile or runtime error that its preventing the plugins to work as expected.

Then, as soon as you add a Localize component to any object with TextMeshPro or TextMeshProUGUI the Target field will be updated automatically.

Furthermore. I2 Localization has an example scene showing the TextMesh Pro support (Assets\I2\Localization\Examples\Targets\TextMesh Pro Localization). Can you open that scene and verify that the Localize components in there have the correct Target? That will let you know whatever the integration is working and if the issue you are seeing is just a setup issue in your scene.

Also, if you like you can send me an small repro project that its not working for you and I will check it up and let you know of any setup issue that it has.

Hope that helps,
Frank

I posted this on the unity Forum as well, don't know which one is maintained more frequently.

I normally check both, although I prefer this forum as it's easier to find individual questions and track them.

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #1888 by _kiu_
Hmm... I'm puzzled.

It works in a new project, just Textmesh pro and I2Localization.
So I suspected an incompatibility with one of the plugins I use... and removed them one by one to find the culprit. Now nothing is left in my project except Textmesh pro and I2Localization - And it's not recognising Textmesh Pro Targets. Are there maybe any settings that are important for plugin recognition that I might have missed?
I attached my project - stripped of everything but I2Localization and Textmesh pro.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Frank.

More
7 years 5 months ago #1891 by Frank
Hi,
The issue was with the plugin auto-detection. For some reason, Unity decided to make iPhone and iOS build target use the same number in the enum, and iPhone is deprecated!! That its a nice trick, but messes with anyone trying to iterate over all platforms!!

I added a fix for this in 2.6.9a2

I also modified your project with both, the fix for the autodetection and verified that in the define section there is TextMeshPro set.

I just emailed you a link to the modified project, Please, let me know if you find any other issue.

Frank

The following user(s) said Thank You: _kiu_

More
7 years 4 months ago #1914 by DavidJumpsuit
Hello, I2 Localization does not seem to recognize textmeshPro for my project [see screenshot]. Any thoughts?

The screenshot was taken in your textmeshpro example scene.

cheers,
David

More
7 years 4 months ago #1915 by Frank
Hi,
Are you using I2Localization 2.6.8 (Assetstore) or 2.6.9 (beta)?

There was an issue with the plugin detection when the platform target was set to IOS. That was corrected in 2.6.9a2.

If you can upgrade at the moment, then a fix is to manually adding the TextMeshPro or TextMeshPro_Pre53 defines (depending on what TextMeshPro version you have)
inter-illusion.com/assets/I2Localization...lizationTargets.html

If after upgrading or checking that the defines are correct, you still get this issue, please, let me know what unity and textMesh pro versions you are using, and if you are in windows or mac, and what target is your project set to (IOS, Android, etc). I will try reproducing the issue and send you a fix.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine