Disabling PlayerPrefs saving?

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #1556 by wagenheimer

Frank wrote: When you say that you have the exact issue, if you deploy a build to a device, is the device showing old (cached) localization?

Yes! Unfortunately I don't know how to reproduce.. everthing works on my device (and on Editor), but when I send the compiled game to 2 beta testers, they both have different problems regarding the text. One can view, other can't.

Frank wrote: When auto-update is set to Never, the plugin always uses the localization stored in the I2Languages.prefab.

How this is related to old playerprefs values (for previous I2Loc versions)?

Frank wrote: The only things that is stored in the PlayerPrefs is the CurrentLanguage (if the user manually changes it) so that it could be "remembered" on future sessions. If that's not the case, (...)

Not the case. I read a "lang" file from StreamingAssets and the player can't change the language. I will try your suggestion to disable PlayerPrefs..
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by wagenheimer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1559 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Disabling PlayerPrefs saving?

Yes! Unfortunately I don't know how to reproduce.. everthing works on my device (and on Editor), but when I send the compiled game to 2 beta testers, they both have different problems regarding the text. One can view, other can't.

If there is a problem with the synchronization, you should be seeing OLD data, but unless you are dealing with new terms you should see something.
When you say one can't view and others can. Can that be a problem with fonts? I have seen several times that when projects are using dynamic fonts, specially if they are using the device built-in fonts, some devices don't have the correct fonts and so they are ignored.

How this is related to old playerprefs values (for previous I2Loc versions)?

In the latest release, the plugin uses different PlayerPrefs keys to store the downloaded data. So, even if there is data in the PlayerPrefs, the plugin will not be able to find it/ use it.

Nonetheless, as a safety, you can add the following two lines at the top of the Import_Google_From_Cache function in file Assets\I2\Localization\Scripts\Google\LanguageSource_Import_Google.cs line 35
		public void Import_Google_FromCache()
		{
           		 if (GoogleUpdateFrequency==eGoogleUpdateFrequency.Never)		// Add this
		                return;									// and this

if (!Application.isPlaying)
					return;

I will be adding that as well to 2.6.6b2

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Frank.

More
2 years 4 months ago #4610 by essay order
Hi all) I used to go to school like everyone else, but I couldn't boast of good grades. And so began to look for a solution to this problem, at first, even on the Internet, I did not find anything well, but after a day, my friend told me about essay writing service. https://essayhub.com/https://essayhub.com/ I have ordered about 20 essays on this wonderful website, and I am very glad that my friend helped me with my grades, and now even my strict teacher praised me!

More
2 years 4 months ago #4611 by essay order
Hi all) I used to go to school like everyone else, but I couldn't boast of good grades. And so began to look for a solution to this problem, at first, even on the Internet, I did not find anything well, but after a day, my friend told me about essay writing service. https://essayhub.com/ I have ordered about 20 essays on this wonderful website, and I am very glad that my friend helped me with my grades, and now even my strict teacher praised me!

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine