can't get the parameters to work properly...

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #4397 by jcskehan
In my terms I have one called Common.Swarm_Number, which I've put as " Swarm {[Swarm_Num]}

Then, in my menu screen, I've added a localization params manager, and made a parameter called "Swarm_Num", which I set to 1.

Now, when I call "get translation", it should just automatically recognize that {[Swarm_Num]} is a parameter, look for it, and add it in, right?

So what gives? What am I doing wrong?

--

In my menu game object (which has a child object button with text on it that I'm trying to localize), I run
private void Awake()
    {
        load_data();

        LocalizationParamsManager locparams = this.gameObject.AddComponent<LocalizationParamsManager>();
        LocalizationParamsManager.ParamValue swarm_num = new LocalizationParamsManager.ParamValue();
        swarm_num.Name = "Swarm_Num";
        swarm_num.Value = swarm_in_question.ToString();
        locparams._Params.Add(swarm_num);
     ...
     }

and then later on
        swarm1_np.set_text(LocalizationManager.GetTranslation("Common.Swarm_Number"));

where

Common.Swarm_Number = "Swarm {[Swarm_Num]}"
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by jcskehan. Reason: clarity, and code examples.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine