Alignment does not update when translation does not change.

More
3 years 4 months ago #4188 by Globichopf
I'm having an issue where the alignment of text does not change when changing to a language with different direction (lrt / rtl), when the translation stays the same.

In our options menu, the label for "sfx" was not translated for most languages including arabic. But we still want the text to change to right alignment when the language is set to arabic, to match the alignment of the other labels which do change.

I would have expected the alignment to change no matter if the translation changes or not, but that does not seem to be the case. To reproduce the issue, I've setup a simple test:
Setup the languageSource with 3 languages, English, French, Arabic. Create a term (e.g."TESTTERM") and set every translation to the same string (e.g. "Test"). Now assign the term to a Label with the Localize component. When looping through the languages, the alignment does not change at all.
Now change the translation of French to something else (e.g. "Test2"). When now looping through the languages, the text alignment always gets inverted, when changing to the Arabic language. So each cycle the alignment alternates from left to right when on the Arabic language.

I thought checking the option "Force Localize" on the Localize component might help, but it didn't.

Is this a known problem? Is there a way to make it work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine