Error on playmaker actions Unity 2018.2

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #3161 by Gatskop
Error on the I2 Set Current Language on Unity 2018.2 Playmaker version 1.9.0.p4

See screenshot

MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'LanguageSource' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
UnityEngine.Object.get_name () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEngineObject.bindings.cs:198)
I2.Loc.LanguageSource.GetSourcePlayerPrefName () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/LanguageSource/LanguageSource_Import_Google.cs:167)
I2.Loc.LanguageSource.Import_Google (Boolean ForceUpdate, Boolean justCheck) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/LanguageSource/LanguageSource_Import_Google.cs:125)
I2.Loc.LocalizationManager+<Delayed_Import_Google>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Manager/LocalizationManager_Sources.cs:98)
I2.Loc.CoroutineManager+<Start>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Utils/CoroutineManager.cs:41)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:191)
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Gatskop. Reason: attachment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #3185 by Frank
Hi,
Thanks for reporting this issue. It was fixed in 2.8.8a2 (can be downloaded from the beta folder).
I also went and updated the PlayMaker example scene to show better the SetTerm action.

2.8.8a2 have some code to make sure the error doesn't happen even with bad settings, but If you can't update at the moment, there are a couple things you could do to fix the settings and avoid the issue.

First be sure you have PlayMaker and the PlayMaker Unity UI Addon.
Then, open the LocalizationSource in the PlayMaker Localization example scene and in the Spreadsheet/Google tab, change the Update frequency to NEVER.

That will prevent the error from happening.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #3283 by sporce
I'm having a different PlayMaker problem, but also 2018.2(.5):

Assets/I2/Localization PlayMaker/Actions/I2SetCurrentLanguage.cs(10,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `I2LocPlayMaker_SelectionMode' could not be found.

This is what I get when upgrading to the latest stable version. The action worked fine beforehand. If I try to manually set the SelectionMode to FsmVariable in the script, it still errors. Any tips?
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by sporce.

More
5 years 4 months ago #3284 by Frank
Hi,
Thanks for reporting this issue. With the changes for the new unity prefabs, the PlayMaker actions were not updated correctly.
Tomorrow, I'm going to be uploading to the beta folder a fix for this.

Hope that helps,
Frank

The following user(s) said Thank You: sporce

More
5 years 4 months ago #3290 by sporce
Sorry, but did you update it yet? I don't see anything new in the Google Drive. I'm not in a rush, though, just wondering in case I misunderstood.

More
5 years 4 months ago #3293 by Frank
It is now in the Google Drive:
I2 Localization v2.8.10 a1

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine