Strange Behavior (Translation missing on device)

More
5 years 8 months ago #3193 by studenman
@Frank I just want to bring this to your attention again because this is a serious bug that needs fixing.

Follow Tiny Bubbles Development:
Twitter | Facebook | Web

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #3199 by Frank
I have been trying to reproduce any issue regarding the Unloading of languages, but haven't been able.

By any chance, have you found any reproducible steps?
Does it happen only if your device was in an older version of I2 Localization and the new build is with a new version?

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
5 years 8 months ago #3200 by studenman
I have not seen the bug on my devices, but many many iPhones and iPads that installed the game saw it immediately after a first-time install. Whatever version of I2 they had before doesn't apply in this case. All the text was missing translations and even the fallback (English) was missing, so the text was just showing my development placeholder or worse case crashing when the game expected a non-null translation result. Some existing users saw problems after updating as well, for example, text would be replaced with the wrong language.

My first priority was to make the game stable, so the most immediate thing I could think of was to disable Unloading, which definitely worked. It's possible I could reproduce it by doing fresh installs, but I have not tried that since I found the workaround. Honestly, the unloading feature isn't really that useful for my game, since text doesn't take up that much memory and I2.Loc still loads all the text anyway, so it's not like it improves loading time.

Hope this helps!

Follow Tiny Bubbles Development:
Twitter | Facebook | Web

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine