Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Feature request: prefix applied before params

Feature request: prefix applied before params 1 week 1 day ago #2606

• mcmorry
I have this recurring workflow:
I have a text that can be shown with or without additional icons. For example inside a button I'd like to have an icon beside the text, but in a title label not.
I can't place the icon as a standard image, as I need to center it and move it with the text.

I could use the dynamic parameters to achieve this, by placing a tag {[sprite]} in the text. But at the end it has to be placed in every localized language, and I should always add the Dynamic Parameter component with an empty value if I don't need a sprite.

Another option could be to use the prefix/suffix, but the parameter are processes before they are added.
I patched the code to apply the localization params after all the text transformations and prefix/suffix, and it works.
But I'm mainly worried about the term modifiers that could convert the text (and so also the prefix) to upper or to lower, making the dynamic parameters not working properly. Also something like RTL could be an issue.

So my request is: would be possible to have the prefix/postfix applied before that the dynamic parameter are applied over the tags in a safe way?

Thanks
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by mcmorry.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
Colors