Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Unable to localize Image of UGUI with spritesheet

Unable to localize Image of UGUI with spritesheet 2 weeks 6 days ago #2546

• adamliu
Hi, Frank.It seems that the current version of I2 Localization is unable to set the term properly for image components of Unity GUI when the images are on the same spread sheet, while it works as intended if the sprites are actually individual files. Is there any workaround on this or am I doing something wrong? Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Unable to localize Image of UGUI with spritesheet 2 weeks 5 days ago #2553

• Frank
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 193
Hi,
Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly.
Are you referring to the sprites created as 'Multiple' when importing a Sprite, and then using the Sprite Editor to split it into sub sprites?

I tried doing that and adding the different sections into each language, and seems to be working. Maybe I'm missing something. Can you give me a bit more details about whats failing and how can I reproduce it?

Here is gif showing it in action:

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Last Edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by Frank.

Unable to localize Image of UGUI with spritesheet 2 weeks 5 days ago #2555

• adamliu
Yeah I meant exactly that, sorry for not making it clearer. I played around with the plugin and figured out the plugin can actually localize correctly but it still has problem which I mentioned in the first post. What I meant is if the Image component's 'Source Image' field is from a sprite sheet, the I2 Localize component will set the sprite sheet's name instead of the actual sprite name as term when you add it, which is problematic because you have to rename the term to actual sprite name otherwise the next time you add a I2 Localize to a Image with a sprite from the same sprite sheet, they will have the same term (which is the sprite sheet's name) and mess up with each other. To reproduce:
1. Prepare a sprite sheet by setting it as 'multiple' and slice it with sprite editor. E.g. you have the sprite sheet 'MySheet', and sliced to 2 sprites: 'MySheet_0','MySheet_1'.
2. Make a Image of Unity UI, set source image to MySheet_0.
3. Add I2 Localize component to this image. Now the term is automatically inferred as 'MySheet' instead of "MySheet_0".
4. Make another Image, set source to MySheet_1 and add Localize component, now the term is automatically set to "MySheet" as well. This is problematic since the two different Image are basically linked which is not what intended.
If you manually change the term to something unique after adding it, everything works fine. This is kinda annoying since for Sprite component, the plugin can recognize the actual sprite names regardless if they are on the same sprite sheet or not.
I hope I made it clearer. Thanks.

Unable to localize Image of UGUI with spritesheet 1 week 3 days ago #2568

I have the exact same problem!

To reproduce it, create a Sprite Atlas and try to use I2 to translate an image that is used by this atlas.

Unable to localize Image of UGUI with spritesheet 1 week 3 days ago #2570

• Frank
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 193
Hi,
I have been trying to reproduce this, but I may not be understanding the steps correctly.

Could you please, modify one of the test scenes with that setup, and email it to me. I will try reproducing it and make a fix ASAP!!

Thanks,
Frank
Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Unable to localize Image of UGUI with spritesheet 1 week 3 days ago #2571

• adamliu
I made a screen recording illustrating the problem. Hope it gets fixed soon, thanks.

Link here:
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by adamliu.
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Colors